sourcetree: Paste into Clone Repository Source Path / URL: hangs application

stuartlynne May 22, 2013

Attempting to paste a GIT URL into the Source Path / URL: box of the Clone Repository dialog in sourcetree causes it (Windows version) to hang.

Cannot close the application using the windows [x]. Have to kill the process in the Windows Task Manager. Seems to be reproducible.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stuartlynne May 28, 2013

Just to finish this, you asked if the hang as immediately or on tabing out of the field.

The application would hang immediately. And become totally unresponsive. The only way to terminate it was with the end process option in the task manager.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

I see - but you can'te re-create it any more, right?

0 votes
stuartlynne May 25, 2013

It was reproducibly doing the other day.

Today its working correctly!

Thanks!

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Very odd, I do this all the time and have never seen a hang - since it's the most common way of getting a clone URL into the dialog I expect most other people are using it too. I just tried it here with SSH and HTTPS URLs just to confirm and can't reproduce it.

Can you give an example of the URL you're pasting? Does the hang occur immediately, or when you tab out of the field?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events