sourcetree 2.3 icons bug (blandness)

Sajaki June 12, 2016

hi,

i updated to SC 2.3 from 2.1, and now the icons look pretty bland. will you be fixing this ? I'm missing the colorful big icons from previous versions.

2 answers

0 votes
Roy Leban August 23, 2016

Has anybody from Atlassian responded to this? I don't care about blandness but I care that all the icons look the same unless you look closely. Commit, Pull and Push all look like the same icon unless you look closely. Fetch is only slight different. With the previous icons, these were all distinct from one another. Also, I'd like to get the Checkout icon back. Why was it removed?

0 votes
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2016

Jony Ive sets the trend at Apple and right or wrong, the world follows. He's turned OS X into blue-grey blandness and iOS lost its personality, largely, I think, to reduce the memory load. I don't know how much conformance Apple imposes on app designers to get their apps approved. Look for the flat, bland trend to reverse in the next 3 to 5 years. You'll be so acclimated to bland by then that you'll be complaining about the garish colors. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events