Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source tree ssh proxy

imaffett March 20, 2013

Running Source Tree on Windows, and so far the UI is great. I am running into a big problem though in that it does not use my proxy setting in ~/.ssh/config

Right now, I do the commit then go to the command line to push/pull. Any way I can get Sourcetree to play well with the proxy?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

SourceTree uses PuTTY rather than OpenSSH because it's a bit more Windows friendly, but does mean any custom config doesn't automatically come across.

If you need to customise settings, the easiest thing to do is download the full PuTTY.exe client from http://www.putty.org and launch it. Then:

1. If you want to set this up globally for all servers, click 'Default Settings' and then 'Load'
  2. Go to Connection > Proxy
  3. Fill in the proxy details
  4. Go back to Session, and click 'Save'.

If you didn't want to set this for all servers, you could type an session name under 'Saved Sessions' and complete the host name above before saving, then you can use that session name instead of the server name to pick up those settings. This is equivalent to setting up aliases in OpenSSH.

imaffett March 24, 2013

Thanks, this is perfect. The only thing is in step 4, you have to click "default settings" before save...took me way to long to do that.

Like Riccardo likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events