cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source tree encoding problem osx

tuunixjukka December 11, 2016

Osx v. Sierra

Source Tree Version 2.4 (89)

Before I used PC/Win7 with repos in a linux with smb share witout encoding problems.
Now using the same linux repo opened mounted with sshfs into the macbook 

Now when making changes into files (php, utf-8) the comment window shows the ä and ö charachters wrong

//liian pitkiä taulunimiä, katkaise

If i change the file to iso-encoding, still shows them wrong with other invalid charachter. In windows was no problem.

Can I make commit without messing everythin up ?

Can I fix this with some setting ?

3 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

You should check the git diff like thinsoldier suggested. If the problem is just with the SourceTree preview, it will definitely be safe to commit - SourceTree doesn't use it's own code to modify your repository, it just calls git commands.

If the characters are messed up in the git diff, the this isn't a SourceTree question, it's a git question. Someone here might still be able to answer, but you'll find a broader audience of experts by posting the question on a stack exchange site or in a git irc.

0 votes
thinsoldier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

If you do git diff from terminal, are the characters still messed up?

It's possible the source tree's preview is just buggy but the actual data that git itself is working with will be fine.

0 votes
tuunixjukka December 11, 2016

Also the preview window is blinking 5-12 times when changing into source tree window.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events