Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Stop Tracking" doesn't do anything

Tom Seddon August 10, 2016

Windows 10 Enterprise build 1607

SourceTree 1.9.5.0 (also affects 1.9.6.1)

When I right click a tracked file and select `Stop Tracking`, nothing happens, and no actions are added to the staging area.

1.8.3 behaves correctly.

8 answers

0 votes
Tom Seddon December 2, 2016
0 votes
D Jefferson December 2, 2016

This feature for you code to "STOP TRACKING" still doesn't work.  I am on 1.9.6.2 and on windows 10 so I have to wonder.  Did they TEST the feature before the release?????  Obviously not because it should be easy to do!  If GIT is this difficult for most tools (linux, windows, eclipse) to handle correctly I really wonder why we moved from SVN to GIT in the first place.  5 years of working with it has been an absolute nightmare!

0 votes
Dustin Chertoff November 8, 2016

I'm on 1.9.6.1. No menu pops up at all where I could select ok/cancel if I right click->Stop Tracking directly on the file. However, if I go to Actions->Stop Tracking, then I get a menu to pop-up (and experience the swapped buttons).

0 votes
Steven Miller November 7, 2016

I can confirm that too. They appear to be backwards! LOL

0 votes
Brian Charniga October 5, 2016

Yep, this is also happening for me. Michael is right about the Okay / Cancel buttons.

0 votes
motopete August 26, 2016

WOW thank you so much Michael. Was tearing my hair out over that one.

0 votes
Tom Seddon August 19, 2016

Thanks - I've submitted a bug for this now, with your note mentioned. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-6192

0 votes
Michael Greenhut August 18, 2016

The issue seems to be that the cancel and Okay button functionality is switched up for that option.  Hitting cancel actually made it stop tracking the file(s) for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events