"Search" field on the Log/History tab: how to use

MKr September 15, 2017

I have never been able to figure out what and how to search for using the "Search" field on the Log/History tab. I certainly would have liked to look for some things after selecting a commit in that tab (e.g. strings in the diffs displayed), but never was I able to initiate any kind of search using that search field.

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Search field is used to look for specific files when you have a bunch of them for a given commit. 

MKr September 21, 2017

Thank you for your quick answer!

While what you wrote might certainly be the intention of that search field, it doesn't work for me that way or any other way for that matter.

Whatever I choose to enter into that field -- there is absolutely no visible reaction in any way, everything stays the way it was.

Doesn't matter what project I'm in or how many files belong to the commit currently on display, also doesn't matter which Windows-PC I'm at.

Is it just me?

Kind regards

MKr September 22, 2017

It doesn't work for me that way -- in fact, it doesn't work in any way:

Whatever I type into that search field, there is no visible reaction at all.

Doesn't matter what project I'm in, which commit, how may files are shown; also, doesn't matter which Windows-PC I'm at.

Is it just me?

Kind regards

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2017

Hello! Search on the log/history tab only searches file-names in the uncommitted changes.

MKr September 22, 2017

Hi!

Thank you very much; now, for the first time, I see that search field really working!

Never used it for uncommitted changes (being mostly on the "File status" tab for them).

What a pity that this search is limited to uncommitted changes!  Why is that?  Will that change?

As long as this (harsh) limitation exists:  What about e.g. a tooltip for that field, so that people have the chance to be aware?

Many thanks again and kind regards!

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2017

It just happens to be that way due to engineering time-constraints. This will be much improved in the next major release. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events