purpose of shelve, fetch and HG Flow

kavi arasan March 2, 2014

Hi all,

source tree is new one for me

what is the functionalities or purpose of 'Shelve', 'fetch', and 'HG Flow' in the tool bar of source tree work bench?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

I'm not sure what "Fetch" means, as i use Git, and brief research suggests it is NOT the same as git fetch.

"Shelve" will take a snapshot of your current changes and store them in a small package separate from any commit or branch, then will clear those changes from your working copy. The "shelved" changes can later be re-applied to any branch (including the one you originally shelved from). This is most often used to temporarily get local changes out of the way in cases where you aren't ready to commit, but you want to pull changes from a remote.

HG Flow is a tool to streamline an OPTIONAL workflow. You can find out more about this workflow here: https://andy.mehalick.com/2011/12/24/an-introduction-to-hgflow

kavi arasan March 3, 2014

Hi Seth Foss,

sory for late reply Foss. your information is helpful for me.

i have a another question. why below notification is occur when work with git

and also when i try to first commit to the git repository, the index error is occur why? what is index and how to create it?

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Your loose objects dialog is from Git Gui, not SourceTree, so this isn't the best place to ask the question. I did find an answer on StackOverflow.

Also, I can't answer your question about the inde error without more information. What is the error message?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events