Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pull a sourcetree managed repository from Matlab or command line

Adam Ranson October 31, 2015

Hi

I use sourcetree with github to manage versioning of code I write in Matlab and I'm a very basic level user.  On some of the systems which use the code I would like Matlab when it starts to automatically pull the latest version of the code.  Is it possible to execute sourcetree invisibly (i.e. without gui) from the command line, make it pull a named repository and then shut back down? I know it's possible to use other git managing tools to do this but would rather not have 2 programs managing the same repository on the same computer (is this even possible?).

Many thanks for any advice

Adam

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

SourceTree just executes commands for some form of the git command line client. You should probably execute those same commands. If you consider SourceTree and the git command line client to be separate programs for managing the repo, then you've already got 2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events