my source tree show mess code when there are chinese

Jery Ren September 3, 2012

my source thee show mess code in commit message,when i write some chinese in commit message, it will show mess code rather than chinese. it work correctly before,i don't know why.

thinks for your help

3 answers

0 votes
wolfired November 30, 2013

First, there are some files with chinese characters and they had committed! Then in the Log panel, i saw mess code in some of them, others are ok!

Second, i try to delete characters shown as mess code, then in the File status panel, i saw the deleted characters is show correctly!

Third, i add BOM to the file, everything is ok!

0 votes
yomybaby January 29, 2013

I have a smillar problem. It works correctly befre. but only 1 repository shows gabage commit message. (the message include Korean)

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

As noted above, this happens when someone commits with badly encoded characters, and it can cause problems for a while after that commit because SourceTree retrieves the log in batches of 200 lines at a time, the encoding can screw up the text decoding for many lines. If you click on the commits afterward you should find the commit details below look OK.

We're tracking this one here and hope to mitigate this data problem better in 1.6 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1285

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

SourceTree supports UTF8 characters in commit messages, and this works fine for extended characters including Chinese.

If the view shows garbage, it's usually caused by the commits having been created somewhere else and encoded through some other non-UTF8 encoding scheme. UTF8 is the most widely supported.

Jery Ren September 4, 2012

first ,thanks for your help.but my colleague's source tree works fine.we use the common git souce code,which means our commit messages are all the same.Today, I suddenly found my source tree show commit messages correctly,it works fine again.i don't know why.

Thanks again for your help :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events