local git server

Quentin Silvestre May 20, 2013

Hi all,

I have my own git server on my local nas. Is it possible to configure SourceTree with my git server?

like adding my server to the hosted accounts ? so I can create repository and get all my existing one ?

Thanks for your concern

-Quentin

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

You can ask SourceTree to clone from any git host, but the richer support which includes listing available repositories to clone in Hosted Projects is only available with the services whose APIs we support (Bitbucket, Stash, GitHub, Kiln). On other servers you just have to know the URL to clone from ahead of time, SourceTree can't figure that out automatically.

0 votes
Quentin Silvestre May 22, 2013

Okk got it !

Thanks a lot for your answer Steve!

MnM300 September 16, 2018

What was the answer to this issue as i am facing a similar problem.

0 votes
Quentin Silvestre May 21, 2013

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your answer. Is there a Howto somewhere ?

I tries some stuff but sourcetree doesn't want me to add my nas as a hosting account.

I have a repository in my bookmarks but I want to add the account and there is 4 choices, BitBucket, GitHub, which have pre-fillet url, then kiln and stash where I can set the url but I don't know what is the format.

To access to a repository in may bookmarks I entered: userName@192.168.1.101:/Users/userName/git/

So How can i set my account ?

Thanks

-Quentin

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Quentin,

Yes, Sourcetree is a generic Git and Mercurial client, so you can perfectly connect your own server with. Even Atlassian Bitbucket (Git and Mercurial cloud service) and GitHUB could be used with Sourcetree.

Cheers,

Lucas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events