invalid url format

Wayne Soh May 17, 2016

I am unable to add a Bitbucket self hosted site to sourcetree using the ssh option. I keep getting an invalid url format error.

7 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

My best guess is tha HTTPS is required for the extended integration stuff. I'm leaving this as a comment for now since I don't really know what I'm talking about. Maybe someone else will have a more concrete answer.

0 votes
Wayne Soh May 18, 2016

My server doesn't have https at the moment. and for some reason sourcetree doesn't like that

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

Ah, that's not something I've done before. Is it this popup:

image2016-5-18 8:43:18.png

You might try the HTTPS Url, only put your username in the username box (not the URL), and make sure Preferred Protocol is SSH. IDK if the extended integration API can communicate over SSH. It may require HTTPS, but use SSH for all git communication.

0 votes
Wayne Soh May 18, 2016

There is no error message in that URL and all i have changed in the URL is the actual name of the Web site and the name of the git repo. 

with or without the port I still get the same error message saying that the URL is malformed. I have tried removing the git@ as well but no luck

BTW just to be clear, I get this error while i try to register a new remote account. cloning the repo actually works fine. 

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2016

Assuming you didn't remove the error text in the process of removing sensitive info, that looks fine to me. Maybe it's choking on the port specification for some reason? What error message do you get if you try the same URL without the port (I'm assuming SourceTree validates the URL before checking for a Git repo at the URL)?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2016

I don't suppose you are willing to post the URL so we can proofread it for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events