Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure a local bitbucket deployment in sourcetree for extended integration?

Marcelo A September 16, 2016

At our company, we use a local deployment of bitbucket.

How can I configure SourceTree to point to our company's reployment (like source-team.mycompany.com) instead of www.bitbucket.org to enable extended integration?

The host root URL in the  Remote Details windows  is read only whne the host type is Bitbucket

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

Change the Hosting Service to Bitbucket Server.  That will allow you to specify a host URL.

And where are you supposed to change the hosting service?

The only place the I think you are allowed to do this, is in the"repository settings"->"edit repository"

But As I mention above, if you select  "Bitbucket" as the host type, the "Host Root URL" is read only.

The only host type that you can select here that is not read only is "Stash" but then, I don't know what kind of integration you get

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

Sounds like you are using an old version of SourceTree. Stash has been re-branded as Bitbucket Server. If there are any problems with the integration, then you will probably need to update SourceTree.

image2016-9-16 13:38:23.png

Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2016

It's in View->Show Hosted Repositories->Edit Accounts

When you add an account it would should show your locally deployed repositories.

I apologize that my answer doesn't answer your question directly.  I usually go through this interface when cloning from local deployments thinking that it will properly setup the repo.

If this doesn't work for you then you're right setting the Host Type to Stash is your next best option.

Thank you all.

I thing I've got it to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events