how can I find the sha hashes for multiple commits and branches shown on a single line in source tree log view

Kimball Johnson July 18, 2016

how can I find the sha hashes for multiple commits and branches shown on a single line in source tree branches view

source tree has a display called a log view. each row represents a group of branches and/or commits (i guess that's what they are) all individually contained in their separate rounded rectangle.

I cannot find a way to discover which/what/who/why/how about any of those items.

There are no pop-ups, tooltips. And they are not separately clickable and they do not respond in any way or provide any information. I can't even describe what that row of information might be called or how to interpret it.

How do I discover specific information, such as the has for each of those listed commits/branches, or anthing that might make them intelligible and iformative?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
thinsoldier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

Did you post the same question twice and then delete the one I replied to?

Repeating same answer:

I can't see the commit column in your screenshot. If you actually can't see that column you either hid it or resized it to be too small to see.

Your screenshot means that particular commit exactly matches (based on your local copy's last know info about the state of the remote origin) the last commit on 2 branches on your origin: development and AST-649-bla-bla-bla.

I'm guessing you're diving into git on a big pre-existing project. If so, you should make a new empty project to experiment with git and sourcetree to understand better how git info is exposed in Sourcetree.

Your window should look like this:

image2016-7-18 14:9:24.png

If it doesn't, post a screenshot.

And even if you can't see the sidebar or the Commit hash column in the table you can still select the entry and look at the bottom of the window:

image2016-7-18 14:13:21.png

"Commit" hash is clearly displayed along with its parent hash.

"Labels: origin/fluid & fluid" means on my remote origin I have a branch named fluid and locally I have a branch named fluid and both of those presently point to the same commit hash.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016

He posted the screenshot, and you posted your response, on this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39440807

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2016

I can't think of anywhere in SourceTree where a row represents a group of branches or commits. Could you post a screenshot of the view you're asking about?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events