Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hg flow problems

Deleted user March 26, 2013

Hello,

I use SourceTree Version 1.5.8 on Mac OS 10.8.

My problems are:

1) When I want to create a new feature branch sometimes nothing happens. I think it depends on the name of the new branch. If I use a name from aprevious and closed feature branch the creating of the new one fails. If I use a new name the new feature branch will be created.

2) If I have successfully created a feature branch and want to close it sometimes it will be closed and merged into the development branch. But sometimes it will only be closed and not merged back into development.

What can I do to find out what's wrong?

Ralph

1 answer

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

Hi Ralph,

As for your first point, you can't create a branch the same name as another branch whether it's closed or not. This is a limitation of hgflow - branches aren't deleted, only closed.

Regarding your second poing, are you using hgflow to close the branch, or just closing it manually?

Cheers

Deleted user March 26, 2013

> Regarding your second poing, are you using hgflow to close the branch, or just closing it manually?

I use "Finish Current" from the HG Flow menu button.

Ralph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events