hg fetch now discards source information

Thom Goodsell January 14, 2014

In earlier versions of SourceTree, when I fetched from a branch repo into my main repo, the generated commit said something like "Automated merge with ssh://build//hg/config-6.11" but at some point (maybe in late September) the generated commit started to say "Automated merge with bundle:/var/folders/lm/0rtn02v1545fhxh3thqm33w00000gp/T/SourceTreeTemp.QPZQbN". I prefer the old format (for what I assume are obvious reasons), which I still get if I do a fetch from the command line. Is there some way to get SourceTree to use that format? (Or have I possibly misconfigured SourceTree in some way?)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

Hey Thom,

Yes unfortunately this was a side-effect of quite a major optimisation we made. Beforehand users would hit pull and see the chances to be pulled, then when hitting "OK" it would re-pull the changes and merge them in. Now when the pull dialog opens up it'll be pulling down changes and putting them into a bundle (this is an hg feature). Instead of re-pulling the changes down we use that bundle file to merge in, which is why it specifies the bundle instead.

Could you open up a ticket on jira.atlassian.comfor us and then we can review it from there?

Thanks in advance

Thom Goodsell January 30, 2014

Thanks. I found an existing ticket in Jira and voted for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events