Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git push single revision

Mihai Oprescu June 10, 2015

If I have multiple revision to push to the origin repository, can I pick which ones to push ?

1 answer

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

In the Push dialog, there are checkboxes on the left side for each branch. The ones you select will be pushed. (All commits in those branches.)

Ok, but can I choose which commits to push from a certain branch, or do I have to push all commits ?

Ok, but can I choose which commits to push from a certain branch, or do I have to push all commits  ?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

You cannot choose which commits get pushed from a branch, all commits are pushed.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2015

That's generally true. If for some reason you wanted to push a subset of the commits on a given branch, as long as the commits that you wanted to exclude were at the end of the branch, you could probably do something like: checkout the last commit you want to push create a branch at that commit push your new branch

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events