git lfs push fails

AxelMGarcia June 17, 2017

Hi, Im trying to push my project to the repo, but I get this problem, do anyone knows what that might be?

$ git lfs push origin master --all
Git LFS: (0 of 8 files, 1808 skipped) 0 B / 7.59 MB, 5.46 GB skipped
LFS upload failed:
(missing) Assets/.../Portal_38.prefab (SHA id)
(missing) Assets/.../Portal_14.prefab (SHA id)
(missing) Assets/.../Map.prefab (SHA id)
(missing) Assets/.../MP_COL_01.prefab (SHA id)
(missing) Assets/.../pirate2.prefab (SHA id)
(missing) Assets/.../Player Map Mini Prefab.prefab (SHA id)
(missing) 

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

Are you doing this from the command line exclusively or also via SourceTree? This is an ST specific section.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

AxelGarcia June 20, 2017

Also via SourceTree, I had to go to the command line to try to find a solution, but no luck. I have exactly that error on SourceTree and command line.

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2017

Can you confirm if you have initialized the repo to enable lfs and added the required file format to be trakced in lfs?

AxelMGarcia June 21, 2017

Yes, LFS was initialized and file formats were added to .gitattributes via SourceTree.

I switched to command line to get more info, on the following thread post you can see a better description of the problem (my case comment is down below)
https://github.com/git-lfs/git-lfs/issues/2126#issuecomment-309481397

We end up switching to PlasticSCM, so no in a hurry, but I still using SourceTree on other projects, so would be good to know what might have happend just in case I get that problem again.

Bests!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events