Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email or password not being recognized

amy rizzico October 11, 2017

I just created an account, downloaded the latest version of sourcetree, and am trying to log in. Sometimes I'm having an issue with my email address (user) not being recognized (which i already verified). Other times, my email address is verified, but my password isn't working. I've tried resetting my password a number of times. This json comes back when I reset it.

{"timezone":"America/New_York","fullName":"xxxxxxx","email":"xxxxx@yyyy.com","emailHash":"1234567890....","emails":[{"value":"xxxxx@yyyyy.com","primary":true}],"pendingEmail":null,"username":"xxxxx@yyyyy.com","org":"Company","latestIpAddress":"0.0.0.0","title":null,"validatedEmails":["xxxxx@yyyyy.com"],"fieldErrors":null}

How can I start using your product? 

thanks, Amy

2 answers

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

What OS are you on? 

I'll ping the Identity team to let them know about this issue. Please contact support and they'll be able to work with you privately to ensure everything is correct on our end.

When signing in any JSON in Sourcetree should be visible momentarily at most, detected, and proceed with setup. Our apologies for the hiccup.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

amy rizzico October 13, 2017

Thanks - i'm on 10.11.6

amy rizzico October 13, 2017

it's this problem - looks like it's in your jira:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-5034?_ga=2.117638337.990396071.1507899287-75472454.1507581899

I'm going to deinstall and install the older 2.1 version and try that. 

fyi - the contact support link just brought me back here.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi, is this the macOS version you are running?

amy rizzico October 11, 2017

Yes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events