clone tagged version

epataky July 14, 2013

If I want to use Sourcetree/GIT to keep track of source code and documents, and use the tag feature to mark revisions ... suppose now developers commit version 1.0 to the repo .. now day to day they make changes, testers test, etc .. now what if someone wanted to go in and grab the last tagged version, the full set of files corresponding to a specific tag, is this possible? How to do it?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
epataky July 21, 2013

not sure how to close this .. keep getting emails

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

You can mark my amended answer above as the answer. Not sure what e-mails you're getting from AAC though?

0 votes
epataky July 14, 2013

can you at least download the files as they were when they were tagged? There must be a way or else there is no point of tagging .. how about you clone it into another directory, then revert back, will that work?

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Hi Ed,

There isn't a feature to clone out a specific tag at the moment. You can file feature requests over at jira.atlassian.com, the project name is SRCTREE or for Windows it's SRCTREEWIN.

Cheers

epataky July 14, 2013

can you at least download the files as they were when they were tagged? There must be a way or else there is no point of tagging .. how about you clone it into another directory, then revert back to the TAG, will that work?

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Absolutely! You just double click on a tag and SourceTree will check it out (and prompt you if there's anything in your working copy outstanding).

Hope that helps

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Sorry, I meant clone.

epataky July 14, 2013

that's sounds perfect, then why did you say there is no way to check out a tag? i am confused

epataky September 4, 2013

I double clicked, the head was reset, but the files are still the same, showing today's date as modified date .. i need to get an old version ... i need to get a version from a year ago .. how do i do this?

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Hi Ed,

There isn't a feature to check out a specific tag at the moment. You can file feature requests over at jira.atlassian.com, the project name is SRCTREE or for Windows it's SRCTREEWIN.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events