Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change to cygwin ssh client

Robert van Es March 17, 2016

How do I switch SourceTree to use my Cygwin SSH client instead of it's own embedded client.  I'm on Windows 7 environment.  My git is already working fine via the command line.  I have configured my SSH keys in SourceTree and appear to be getting some info, but some commands still don't appear to work.  For example:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\tools\openssh_wrapper.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\tools\openssh_wrapper.sh: line 8: $'\r': command not found

From ssh://acflxfdsyspm1.gpo.gov/fdsys/fdsys-src
   1eaf308..375ff35  R-R-SP-4-NEW-2 -> origin/R-R-SP-4-NEW-2

5d454bf..623ec35  sp4-bugfixes -> origin/sp4-bugfixes

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false pull origin R-R-SP-4-NEW-2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\tools\openssh_wrapper.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\tools\openssh_wrapper.sh: line 8: $'\r': command not found

From ssh://acflxfdsyspm1.gpo.gov/fdsys/fdsys-src
 * branch            R-R-SP-4-NEW-2 -> FETCH_HEAD

Updating 1eaf308..375ff35
Fast-forward

ngfdsys/fdsys/browse/views/browseresultsresultsview.js     |  7 ++++---
 .../fdsys/wssearch/model/browse/CollectionNodeSorter.java  | 14 +++++++++++++-
 .../wssearch/service/browse/BrowseResultsProcessor.java    |  6 +++++-
 3 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false submodule update --init --recursive
Completed successfully.

1 answer

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

Try to go to Options, select the Git tab, and choose to use "System" git instead of "Embedded".

The button labeled "Use System Git" is disabled.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

That probably means SourceTree is already trying to use it.

Looking at your output more closely, it looks like all of the commands are succeeding. The errors from the openssh_wrapper script don't seem to be harming the actual operation. Your fetch command updated two branches, your pull fast-forwarded to commit 375ff35, and clearly the submodule update had no issues.

Yeah, I think it's complaining about blank lines between comments in those scripts.  However, I do not have the privileges to edit those scripts, so I guess I'll have to live with it.  Thanks, for the insight, though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events