Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change is different than real file changes

Pietro Nompleggio December 30, 2016

Hi, how you can see in the image below, i have edited a javascript file, but source tree show me that I have edited that line 0 that I haven't touched, I have make another changes in the file, someone can tell me why I have this problem?

thanks 

Schermata 2016-12-30 alle 15.22.59.png

2 answers

0 votes
Pietro Nompleggio December 30, 2016

this is my code:

Schermata 2016-12-30 alle 16.09.43.png

I haven't changed nothing in the first line, I have changed a line at line 197, so a lot below than that line, and that change on line 197 doesn't appear in the changes

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2016

Yeah, looks like some sort of bug - obviously you haven't deleted the define line.

What if you run a git diff command in the terminal?

thinsoldier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2016

Are you 100% sure the file you have open is saved in the same location that sourcetree is looking at?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2016

Well, does the file in your working copy start with "define([" or with "'backbone',"? Chances are you somehow deleted the first line by accident.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events