Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket password

Rob Hughes August 10, 2016

Bitbucket switched my credentials to use Atlassian rather than my old user name. Now SourceTree is asking for a password for my old account name, but that doesn't work, nor does my Atlassian password.

What do I have to do to get SourceTree set up with the new Atlassian credentials so I can get working again?

4 answers

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

From the website, "App passwords allow two-step verification users to access their Bitbucket account through apps such as SourceTree."

I had 2FA enabled during the migration so that's what I used.  You can access it from the website in Settings->Access Management->App passwords.

I've tried to use my Atlassian password after the merge but that doesn't work.  

I posted this as a comment because this doesn't really solve the problem per se, just adding another password to use for SourceTree.

0 votes
Rob Hughes August 10, 2016

Thanks, but what is an "App Password" and how do I use it?

0 votes
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

I was using a gmail account to log in to both of them. When they merged them it still worked on both of them but the personas were merged into one. I assumed the Bitbucket account was subsumed into the Atlassian since it took the Atlassian persona.

i recommend you log in to Bitbucket/Atlassian with your browser and confirm/change your password there and once that's done you can reinstate that credential in SourceTree.

These credential mergers are always messy. I had the same problems when Intuit merged my Mint account. 

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2016

Have you tried using an App Password?  I've only used that for SourceTree and it worked through the migration.

I think the Bitbucket account is completely disabled since you use your Atlassian account to login the Bitbucket website.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events