Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

api for adding bookmarks?

cjdawson November 23, 2015

Is there and API that I can use too add Bookmarks to SourceTree?

For background, I have a tool that checks out git repositories and configures them for my developer environment.  As a step it would be a nice touch if I could add them to my SourceTree bookmarks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

BTW: There's also missing detailled documentation on configuration of Sourcetree. Having this you might add your bookmarks by manipulation of sourcetree-configuration ...

Doing so, you do not have to run Sourcetree

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

On Win-Systems you find the Bookmarks here: {c:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\bookmarks.xml}

1 vote
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2015

I'm only familiar with SourceTree for windows - so the answer might be different for SourceTree for MAC

You can startup SourceTree only with a few different command line options - there is no option to create a bookmark directly:

Run

sourcetree.exe --help

to see the list of available options.

Running

sourcetree.exe -f PATH_TO_YOUR_REPO

opens sourcetree and offers to add the new repository to your bookmarks as well .....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events