allow pull requests only

Nikos Skalis May 14, 2017

Hi,

I have configured the following settings in my bitbucket repo:

1. Project > Settings > Permissions > Default Permission (=No access)
  2. Project > Settings > Permissions > All users/groups except the Admin users/groups should be granted Read access
  3. Repository > Create branch > develop (branch-type: Custom, branch-from: develop, branch-name: develop)
  4. Repository > Repository permissions > All users/groups except the Admin users/groups should be granted Write access
  5. Repository > Branch permissions > Add permissions > Branch name (=master) , Restrictions (=Prevent changes without a pull request)
  6. Repository > Branch permissions > Add permissions > Branch name (=develop) , Restrictions (=Prevent changes without a pull request)
  7. Repository > Settings > Repository details > Clear the checkbox to prevent forking of this repository
  8. Repository > Settings > Pull requests > Requires N approvers (see to-be-reviewed-by list below)
  9. Repository > Settings > Pull requests > Unapprove automatically on new changes
  10. Repository > Settings > Pull requests > Requires all reviewers to approve the pull request
  11. Repository > Settings > Branching model > Development (=develop)
  12. Repository > Settings > Branching model > Enable automatic merging

I would like to allow pull requests only on brach develop:

I believe that the problem is  that "Push latest changes from local to remote" is enabled and is not-editable option.

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 21.48.36.png

Please note that the following option is enabled when I do commit, although I am not sure if it plays a role

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 21.52.16.png

The error message I am getting is:

remote: Branch refs/heads/develop can only be modified through pull requests.        

remote: Check your branch permissions configuration with the project administrator.

Could you please advise on how to setup the pull-request only workflow in bitbucket using sourcetree ?

Nikos

2 answers

0 votes
Nikos Skalis May 27, 2017

Thanks a lot Brian for looking into it, I just created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4776

But I see that there are 1699 issues in the to-do list. Is there any chance of enabling that feature any time soon ?

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2017

We don't comment on the schedule for delivering any particular change - software is a fickle beast with ever changing requirements as I'm sure you are aware. The best way to gain traction is to get votes for the ticket to raise its visibility.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2017

This was intentionally disabled in SRCTREE-1798 but are certainly open to revisiting that decision now. Please file a new ticket on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE with these details and a reference to the original ticket. Thanks!

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

Nikos Skalis May 27, 2017

Thanks a lot Brian for looking into it, I just created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4776

But I see that there are 1699 issues in the to-do list. Is there any chance of enabling that feature any time soon ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events