allow pull requests only Edited

Hi,

I have configured the following settings in my bitbucket repo:

1. Project > Settings > Permissions > Default Permission (=No access)
  2. Project > Settings > Permissions > All users/groups except the Admin users/groups should be granted Read access
  3. Repository > Create branch > develop (branch-type: Custom, branch-from: develop, branch-name: develop)
  4. Repository > Repository permissions > All users/groups except the Admin users/groups should be granted Write access
  5. Repository > Branch permissions > Add permissions > Branch name (=master) , Restrictions (=Prevent changes without a pull request)
  6. Repository > Branch permissions > Add permissions > Branch name (=develop) , Restrictions (=Prevent changes without a pull request)
  7. Repository > Settings > Repository details > Clear the checkbox to prevent forking of this repository
  8. Repository > Settings > Pull requests > Requires N approvers (see to-be-reviewed-by list below)
  9. Repository > Settings > Pull requests > Unapprove automatically on new changes
  10. Repository > Settings > Pull requests > Requires all reviewers to approve the pull request
  11. Repository > Settings > Branching model > Development (=develop)
  12. Repository > Settings > Branching model > Enable automatic merging

I would like to allow pull requests only on brach develop:

I believe that the problem is  that "Push latest changes from local to remote" is enabled and is not-editable option.

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 21.48.36.png

Please note that the following option is enabled when I do commit, although I am not sure if it plays a role

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 21.52.16.png

The error message I am getting is:

remote: Branch refs/heads/develop can only be modified through pull requests.        

remote: Check your branch permissions configuration with the project administrator.

Could you please advise on how to setup the pull-request only workflow in bitbucket using sourcetree ?

Nikos

2 answers

0 votes

This was intentionally disabled in SRCTREE-1798 but are certainly open to revisiting that decision now. Please file a new ticket on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE with these details and a reference to the original ticket. Thanks!

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

Thanks a lot Brian for looking into it, I just created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4776

But I see that there are 1699 issues in the to-do list. Is there any chance of enabling that feature any time soon ?

Thanks a lot Brian for looking into it, I just created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4776

But I see that there are 1699 issues in the to-do list. Is there any chance of enabling that feature any time soon ?

We don't comment on the schedule for delivering any particular change - software is a fickle beast with ever changing requirements as I'm sure you are aware. The best way to gain traction is to get votes for the ticket to raise its visibility.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

986 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you