Windows version stuck on checking password

tqtran April 14, 2014

I recently started using Bitbucket and SourceTree. I used version 1.4 for a month, and recently updated to 1.5. Now whenever I try going to the Hosted Repositories section, it just spins. When I went into account and put in my credentials, it just spins at "Checking Password". For now, the repositories that I have cloned are still working, so I will work without this feature.

The Mac version 1.8 works fine on the same network, and I'm able to browse the Hosted Repositories on it.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and knows how to work around this?

Is there a way for me to download an older version of the Windows client?

2 answers

0 votes
dvddev November 8, 2014

I have the exact same problem with the latest versoin (1.6.8) as well as with the 1.4.1 version.

It sits there and spins forever. At first, I had a very complex password generated with keepass but I simplified it a lot and I still have the problem.

If I go back to the password diaglog and type an invalid password, I get the login failed error message instantly, so I presume it not a network problem.

Another funny thing is that, even though I can't list the repository on bitbucket, I can still create a new one! I don't see it on my local machine but I see it online.

Let me know if you want me to do more tests or if you need more informations

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hi Toan,

Your password is too long or have special characters?

I've found a user request on jira.atlassian.com that this user faced the issue when using a complex password, could you please let me know if it is your case?

If you want to download the version 1.4.1 for Windows platform is here the link:

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

tqtran June 15, 2014

Hi Henrique,

My password is 10 characters long and has one "!". I will change it and see if it helps.

Thanks

tqtran June 30, 2014

I changed the password to remove the !. Bitbucket's system even said that the password is very weak. However, this still didn't solve the spinning "Checking password"

HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Could you please let me know if it works with the old version 1.4.1?

If yes, I can be an bug, the first way is to reproduce the same issue as you're having.

Could you please try to connect in your Bitbucket Account using the last windows version in another machine? Then will be possible to know if it can be reproduced out of your enviroment to open a bug report to Bitbucket team :)

Walter Stumpf October 28, 2014

Hello, special characters is not the problem. I'm experiencing the same issue and my bitbucket password is not very complex (no special characters). I've tried with three different Windows computers (8.1, 8, and 7) with no luck. My account however does work on Mac versions of SourceTree. In addition, some coworkers' accounts work on my Windows machine. I've also tried changing passwords/usernames on bitbucket to no avail. I'll try 1.4.1 in a bit (currently on 1.6.8), but there's definitely a bug somewhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events