Windows SourceTree Working Copy URL Shows as Not a Valid Working Copy Path

Benjamin Tuttle May 16, 2013

I am getting an issue pulling a working copy from bitbucket to my windows sourcetree install. When I put the URL in, I am able to clone the repository just fine, and it verifies it as a valid copy. However, when I try to pull down a working copy, it comes back with "This is not a valid working copy path."

Is there something I'm missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

When you say 'Pull down a working copy', do you mean you're using the second tab labelled 'Working Copy'? This tab is used to point SourceTree at an existing clone you already have on your disk. If you're cloning, you don't need to use this tab because the act of cloning creates a working copy as well, which SourceTree then bookmarks. You only need to use the Working Copy tab if you've cloned outside of SourceTree and need to bring that existing clone (and working copy) in. That second tab will only accept local paths which point to an existing valid cloned working copy.

Benjamin Tuttle May 19, 2013

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events