Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2.0 version, easy way to copy/paste branch/tag names?

markbaird April 27, 2017

I'm loving the new 2.0 version of SourceTree for Windows. It's very nice looking and very fast. However I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how to easily copy the name of a branch now.

In the 1.x version I would select a commit and down in the area with the commit text, commit ID, author, etc. there would be a list of all the branches and tags pointing to that commit. It was easy to select and copy a branch name out of there for pasting into git commands in a console, etc. Now that branch/tag info is no longer showing up in that area of the UI.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2017

Hi Mark, at the moment it's not possible to copy/paste branch/tag names as it was before. If you'd like to have that option back (or you'd like to propose any other idea) you can submit a feature request at jira.atlassian.com :)

Regards,

Ana

markbaird May 3, 2017

You guys don't make it easy to submit a request. My browser locks up whenever I try to open the Kanban board for SourceTree.  I think I submitted a feature request, but it doesn't appear to load now. Maybe I should submit some issues related to Jira, in Jira, to see if you guys can fix Jira so that I can then post a request for SourceTree...

Like ackvf likes this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2017

Hi Mark, I just checked and I could find your feature request at SRCTREEWIN-7137. You actually submitted 2, so I'm going to close the second one as a duplicate. 

I'm not sure why were you trying to open the Kanban board for SourceTree, though. You just need to click on Create on the top navigation bar, and select the product and kind of ticket you're submitting (new feature or bug).

Regards,

Ana

rlhaben July 25, 2017

This is a regression from the 1.x behavior. It seems strange to have to ask for features that were there for years and are suddenly gone with no alternative or explanation. (Removing the foldering of tags being another major regression.)  For this reason, I am not liking 2 so far and wasn't happy to be pushed into it before it was fully baked.

Like # people like this
Sebastian Raizer August 19, 2019

I agree with Randy. There was an easy way to copy the tag name in 1.x and it is now gone. The tag name is display at a few places in the GUI but none of them can be selected. Very frustrating

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events