Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Windows 10] SourceTree not correctly displaying difference between modified files

Dorian August 22, 2015

Hello there everyone!

I upgraded my system to Windows 10 recently and reinstalled everything including SourceTree. And now the issue is that once I replace one file inside my project with a exactly identical file (meaning the content of it is the same but creation date different) it shows as a newly added file in SourceTree which it did not on Windows 7.

I would like it to work as it did on Windows 7; once a file is replaced (ignore the creation date) show only difference between the content of the file and if same ignore.

Any suggestions/solutions are highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

It seems incredibly odd that the file is showing up as added. This implies that the file with that name does not already exist. Does the list of modified files also show that file as being removed? If not, did you accidentally remove it in an earlier commit?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events