Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Pipelines recognize flat files or do I have to set up a full docker image locally?

jhorning-tyler March 22, 2019

Hi, I was hoping I could just tell pipelines the location of my local folders and files and use it to deploy them to my server without having to configure a local docker image.

I got the server up and connected with SSH and can see a successful connection on that end. I can even connect to the repository on Bitbucket from my local computer and push and pull the changes in the repository.

However, I cannot seem to figure out a way to get pipelines running and I am wondering if it is because I need to build a docker image locally. If so, I ran into several issues a few months ago when trying to get docker working locally because of the firewalls and security on my work computer so I was trying not to do that and may have to find a different solution. Thanks in advance!

These are the last few lines of output from running the pipeline:

sftp> mput /Users/jhorning/Sites/dev.jtcc.edu/stat /Users/jhorning/Sites/dev.jtcc.edu/: No such file or directory✖ Deployment failed.

However, I know this file/directory exist and I am able to push and pull from it.

1 answer

0 votes
davina
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi @jhorning-tyler 

If the files exist, Pipelines should be able to recognise them.

I would recommend using our SFTP pipe which should make the configuration easier. See the documentation for more details: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/sftp-deploy/src/master/

Hope this helps!

jhorning-tyler April 17, 2019

Hi Davina,

I ended up submitting a support request which lead us to figuring out that I needed to change the LOCAL_PATH from '/Users/jhorning/Sites/dev.jtcc.edu' to 'build' which also didn't work so then I had to change it to the full path: '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build' which works great.

Now, I have a somewhat related question: I am able to push changes to Bitbucket and then the pipeline automatically runs and pushes the files and changes to our server. However, if I delete a file locally and commit and push that change, the file never gets deleted from our server. Is there a setting somewhere or something that I need to change to get that to work?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events