Why was the commit icon changed from the ring?

Justin Smith June 21, 2016

Did someone lack a sense of humor?  It made me smile almost daily.  It's admittedly a small thing, but the new icon feels stodgy and really generic. :-/

1 answer

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2016

If that's your perspective, then yes, many people lacked a sense of humor. When people complained about the new icons, I saw frequent mentions of "why does the commit icon look like ring"? Atlassian staff must've finally got fed up with it.

Personally, I've never really cared. It says "Commit" underneath, so that makes it perfectly clear to me what the button does, and after 2-3 days of use, I just instinctively know where the Commit icon is, regardless of whether the image seems to have any real meaning behind it.

Justin Smith June 21, 2016

Hah, funny that there were so many complaints (though I suppose I am now amongst those who would complain about an icon).  I agree that in this case the icon itself makes little difference to usability, which is why I enjoyed the little visual pun, while it lasted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events