Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is SourceTree getting so SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?

Deleted user October 6, 2017

Seriously. This latest major update introduced HUGE load times anytime you switch branches, do a commit, or push or pull your changes. I mean, the new logo is ok, but this software is not. I shouldn't have to refresh the page manually to see the changes that I just pushed/committed, etc. It's a little ridiculous. Whatever you are trying to accomplish with the "fetching older commits" is killing the productivity of this application. Please find it in your heart to undo those changes, so that we might have a functional piece of software that will again be worthy of the title, "Best Git GUI Available"...otherwise, it's just not.

EDIT: I'm on Windows 7 64bit/SourceTree V 2.3.1.0

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

Hi Chad, Sourcetree 2.x switched to using libgit2 for most read actions. For most repositories this is quicker on windows than using the git.exe.

However it does not improve performance for all repositories.

In the Tools/Options/Git tab, at the bottom, there is an option to 'disable libgit2 integration'

Can you try this and see if this improves performance?

Can you also let us know what version of Git you are running, embedded or system and can you give us some indication of the number of repositories you have open and how large/complex they are? 

Cheers,

Ana

Embedded Git V1.8.3

1 Repo.

The project has approx 26,000 files, including images...but many of those files are not tracked.

8-12 branches at any given time.

Commit history going back to 2011.

I will try the suggestion and report back soon. Thx!

This works MUCH faster for me. Thank you!

Chad

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Glad to hear that, Chad! Have a nice day :)

Ana 

Jonathan Gilbert October 24, 2017

How do you fix this problem on Mac though? I don't see that option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events