Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does source tree keep re-selecting all my files before commit??

Jessie Williams June 12, 2017

Here is my workflow:

Make some changes to my code -> go to source tree to commit -> but i only want to commit some of the possible files as some times I am still working on other projects but am not ready to commit. So i select the specific files i want to commit out of the available files list, then i begin writing my commit message, which is usually the jira ticket id, so it will bind the commit to the ticket. But sometimes, without warning, source tree will refresh the files list and re-select all of my files, if i dont notice it, i will end up accidentally commiting every single file, then i have a bunch of code changes commited to the wrong ticket with no clear way to undo it. This is super frustrating and leads to more errors in our deployment workflow. Atlasian please fix this! 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

Hello! Some more information would help:

• Which version are you using?
  • Which OS are you using?

Thanks!

Jessie Williams June 12, 2017

OSX 10.11.6 El Cap

Source Tree 2.5.2 (111)

Jessie Williams June 16, 2017

can also post a vid if needed

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2017

Please file a ticket with details on environment and the video as well and we'll proceed from there. Thanks!

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events