Why does interactive rebase not respond

elishaterada May 8, 2017

When you right click on a specific commit and execute "rebase children of {hash} interactively...", I can usually get a dialog where I manage commits EXCEPT when there are multiple branches at the same commit I right-clicked on.

So my typical resolution is to temporary delete branches like dev / master so that there are only one or two branches at the same commit that I'm trying to rebase from.

4 answers

0 votes
Jonas Ulleberg Jussila October 11, 2021

I'm also experiencing this issue.

macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3

Sourcetree desktop version 4.1.0 (237)

0 votes
Phill Apley January 8, 2020

I don't see any reason why this should happen. Rebasing on the indicated commit should not be influenced by the branch or branches which that commit is the endpoint of. Interestingly, multiple branches ending at the branch being rebased (rather than the branch being rebased to), works as expected.

0 votes

I've observed the same behavior, and didn't connect that the presence of multiple branches was causing it, until I read this post. Note that both interactive rebase and normal rebase have the same problem. Note also this is still happening in Sourcetree 4.0 (232) as of 1/8/20, using Catalina 10.15.2.

(this reply combined with previous)

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2017

Hi Elisha, can you let us know which OS and SourceTree version are you using so we can try and reproduce this issue here?

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events