Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does SourceTree not accept my email as valid?

Piet Henke December 21, 2016

SourceTree throws a pop-up telling me my email account is an invalid format when I try to set it for git commits. I am forced to use git bash to set the username outside of sourcetree. my email has a dash in it, maybe that throws off a regex check somewhere but it's pretty annoying. 

2 answers

0 votes
Piet Henke January 14, 2017

yes, the dash is in the domain part of my email, maybe yours has too many subdomains or something? I resorted to manually copying my details in the git config file every time I make a new repo

0 votes
Something Something January 13, 2017

Happens to me as well, very annoying!

Additionally, I set the same address in Tools > Options > General, and it's saved there. But still, every time I create a new repo, it asks me again (annoying), it offers DOMAIN\username as a suggestion (annoying) and then it tells me my address is invalid (annoying). 

By the way my address has no dashes, but it has `noreply.users.github.com`, maybe existing regexp doesn't consider the possibility that there are such domains (but at the same time I can't believe I'm the only github.com user of SourceTree!)

My email account consists of letters only, so I strongly suspect it's the part after `@` that confuses SourceTree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events