Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does SourceTree duplicate my bookmarks?

Chase Sandmann February 24, 2015

Most of the time that I use SourceTree, I keep the bookmarks section hidden because I feel like it takes up too much space.  Since you can't right-click on the repo tabs at the top and delete them, I usually end up x-ing out the tabs, then deleting the files on my disk manually.  This throws a couple weird errors, but I don't really have a problem after that.  I recently remembered about the bookmarks section, so I went to go remove one of my repos the "right" way through that, and I opened it to find that several of my repos (the ones I actually use and never delete) have been duplicated.  The duplicates have extremely strange functionality and can be right-clicked but not highlighted.  The delete option in the right-click menu is enabled but nothing happens when it is clicked.  Is there any way to get rid of these strange duplicates?

Here's a screenshot of the error (the third and fifth bookmarks are the buggy ones):

sourcetree_bookmarks_dup.png

2 answers

1 vote
dresser April 29, 2015

I encountered the same behaviour. I renamed the original bookmark (the duplicate retained its original name) and was then able to delete the duplicate.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Could you post a screenshot?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events