Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep having to log in?

Rebekah Joseph October 19, 2017

Sourcetree keeps asking me to log in and when I log in with the email I use for my Atlassian account it says the account does not exist.

I can't use Sourcetree at all because of this. This is very frustrating.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Hi Rebekah, are you using the same email address you're using to access this Community? 

When is that happening? Is this part of the registration process after installing Sourcetree? Or where you trying to connect any other service?

Can you send us a screenshot and lets us know which version of Sourcetree and OS are you using?

Cheers!

Ana

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

In response to:

Sourcetree keeps asking me to log in to my Microsoft account, but when I do it says that the email does not exist or the password is wrong.

I'm positive that I give the right username and password.
How can I find out which email they expect me to login with?

During the registration process, Sourcetree will not ask you to log in with your Microsoft account, but with your Atlassian account (that's the email address you're using to access this Community). Once you're registered, you can connect other services such as Bitbucket Server, Github, etc... you'll need to enter their specific credentials for those.

Please make sure you're using your Atlassian account credentials. If you're still unable to log in, answer the following and we'll continue helping you: 

1. When is this happening? Is this part of the registration process after installing Sourcetree? Or where you trying to connect any other service?
  2. Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you get?
  3. Which version of Sourcetree and OS are you using?

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events