Why did I get "SourceTree 1.9 will not be updated anymore" message after updating today?

Zayin May 15, 2017

So I've got SourceTree for Windows, and I've updated it almost whenever it asked. Today I updated SourceTree and it gave me the message "Sourcetree 1.9 will not be updated anymore" and gave me the option to "Go to the download page" or "Open SourceTree (you won't get updates anymore)", as if I had gone out of my way and installed the older version.  Now my About shows version 1.9.13.7, though I'm not sure what it was before TBH.

Is this an update bug?  What the heck happened here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2017

Hi

SourceTree for Windows changed its installation mechanism between 1.9 and 1.10, unfortunately it was not possible to provide a straight forward automatic path to move from one to the other, as such 1.9.13.7 marks to end of the older release path.

To move to the latest version of SourceTree, 2.0.20.1 at the time of writing, it is necessary to uninstall 1.9.13.7 and manually download and install 2.0.20.1 from https://www.sourcetreeapp.com.

Once installed 2.0 will be able to check for and install any new updates from the new release path.

Zayin May 15, 2017

Oh, I get it.  That confused me.  Thanks for the info.

Scott R. Frost May 15, 2017

Before you uninstall your 1.x, be aware that the "upgrade" to 2.0 is a large step back in functionality since they remove the bookmarks bar on the left side.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events