Why can't I see stash contents on Windows version 2.0.20.1?

mmcev106 May 22, 2017

When I try to view a stash in this version, a loading indicator is displays indefinitely.   The stash contents are never displayed.  Is anyone else seeing this?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

Did that stash display in other versions? Additionally, 2.1 was released yesterday, could you give it a try?

https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-2.1.2.3.exe

mmcev106 May 31, 2017

The stash does not load in this version either.  I did notice that the loading indicator does not display right away (not sure if this changed in this version, or if I just missed that before).

Regardless, stashes still do not display.  I can reproduce this on a brand new repo as follows:

mceverm@computron ~/Downloads
$ mkdir test

mceverm@computron ~/Downloads
$ cd test

mceverm@computron ~/Downloads/test
$ git init
Initialized empty Git repository in /cygdrive/c/Users/mceverm/Downloads/test/.git/

$ touch foo

$ git add foo

$ git commit -m 'initial commit'
[master (root-commit) 7c9083a] initial commit
 1 file changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 foo

$ echo asfd > foo

$ git stash
Saved working directory and index state WIP on master: 7c9083a initial commit
HEAD is now at 7c9083a initial commit

$ stree
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2017
mmcev106 May 31, 2017

My log has some sensitive code in it, so I would prefer not to upload the whole thing.  I can confirm that no lines are added when this occurs.

I think I may have just found a lead though.  The problem only seems to occur when I launch SourceTree from a cygwin shell.  I'm guessing this is a pretty big edge case for your users, so it won't hurt my feelings if it's not worth pursuing. 

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2017

Ah, that's interesting... I'll take a look from my side and see if that lets me reproduce the issue. Thanks!

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2017

Looks like running like that causes issues with the PATH setting -- which causes issues for ST as it won't be able to find the git.exe path. Can you try again, but go to "Toops>Options>Git" and set "Use Embedded Git" and see if that works?

mmcev106 June 1, 2017

Yep, that fixes it.  Thanks much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events