Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I push to bitbucket with Sourcetree when using my wired connection?

theschap July 17, 2017

I setup my bitbucket repo and logged in to sourcetree and was able to commit and push to my repo no problem. After plugging into my router via an ethernet cord and disabling wifi I am unable to push to the repo. Does this have something to do with the way OAuth works, or is there something else wrong. I have updated my authentication information numorious times, and if I disabled my wired connection and connect via wifi again it works.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2017

Hi Brandon! To help you with this, we'll need more information on what error messages are you getting. Also, have you already tried pushing to your repo using the command line? Are you getting the same errors?

Lastly, please remember to provide your SourceTree and OS versions. 

Best regards,

Ana

theschap July 21, 2017

Good Morning Ana,

Here is the error I am getting from within SourceTree: 

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c lfs.customtransfer.bitbucket-media-api.path=git-lfs-bitbucket-media-api -c credential.helper=manager-st push -v --tags origin master:master
fatal: AggregateException encountered.
One or more errors occurred.

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://theschap@bitbucket.org/theschap/the_titan_falls.git/'
Pushing to https://theschap@bitbucket.org/theschap/the_titan_falls.git
Completed with errors, see above.

I am on 64 bit Windows 10 using SourceTree 2.1.2.5

It works when I use the command line.

I have changed my password to see if that helps and it didn't. One thing I noticed today is that it pops up the bitbucket login multiple times when trying to push through SourceTree. Almost like it's not getting sent.

Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events