Why I am receiving "R6016 not enough space for thread data" message in Windows 7?

AlissonBertho June 26, 2015

Why I am receiving this error message in Windows 7 when I use SourceTree:

"Runtime Error!

Program: c:\Program Files (x86)\git\bin\git.exe

R6016 - not enough space for thread data" ?

6 answers

1 vote
AlissonBertho July 14, 2015

If your Windows is 64-bit version, the problem is the version of your Git. You need a 64-bit Git version but at this moment, the only you can find is an alternative Git for Windows. Remove all Git components in your computer and install Git For Windows 64-bit.
Download it here: https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/releases

0 votes
leojustino July 15, 2015

problem solved after installed external git x64.

0 votes
leojustino July 15, 2015

i am using the embeded git from source tree.

is there a way to update that git?

thanks for the reply

0 votes
leojustino July 14, 2015

i am having the same problem after upgrading to version 1.16.16.

what can i do to solve this issue?

Sem título.png

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

Hello Alisson,

This problem seems to be related to your Windows 7 rather than SourceTree.

I could find the following thread that might be able to help you:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/r6016-not-enough-space-for-thread-data-733249.html

Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2015

I've run into this error on other applications, it's mostly shoddy code in Windows that programs have to work around.  There are three solutions

1.  If you're on a 32 bit version of git, move to the 64 bit one
  2.  The workaround that programs usually have to implement is not present in git for windows after 1.9.2, so if you downgrade to that, it should go away.  (Obviously, this may not be possible)
  3. Use any other operating system!  (Ok, a bit facetious, probably not going to happen, but I have to mention it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events