Where can I find documentation to SourceTree options?

SaSa June 6, 2017

In the SourceTree options window there are some options whose meaning is not clear for me:

1. Use this version of SourceTree for URI association
  2. Automatically clean up custom dictionary files.
  3. Don't prompt about the new SourceTree installation.

Is there a documentation for SourceTree options or can you explain these options to me please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2017

Hi

• Use this version of SourceTree for URI association

This associates the 'sourcetree://' URI scheme with the SourceTree.exe in the local registry, thei allows you to use the 'Clone in SourceTree' option from https://bitbucket.org' and have it automatically open your local SourceTree install.

• Automatically clean up custom dictionary files.

There is a bug in MS WPF where references to deleted custom dictionary files remain. Since SourceTree makes use of the custom dictionary/spell checkign functionality it can significantly slow downloading the File Status view for commits if WPF is searching for deleted custom dictionary files. That option tells SourceTree to remove references from the registry for non-existent custom dictionary files.

• Don't prompt about the new SourceTree installation.

SourceTree automatically checks for updates, that option disables that automatic checking.

SaSa June 7, 2017

Thanks for the explanation!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events