Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a team member push to repo my changes become a branch - Sourcetree/Git

Alex Labanino March 28, 2018

When a team member pushes to the repo my changes become a branch. So, in order for me to push, I have to Stash my changes, make a Pull and then Apply Stash. If I try to Pull without Stashing I get a merge error. Any work around on this? You know, make a pull and then push my changes without stashing. Not sure what I changed in my setting that is causing this. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Hello! This sounds like you're both on the same branch. You can verify which branch you're on from the indicator in the sidebar. If you're both on the same branch, you'll need to make a new branch to prevent this from happening (and when you're done with the work on that branch you'll need to make a pull-request to merge the changes to the main branch).

Alex Labanino March 29, 2018

Yes, we are working on the same branch and I get an error when trying to Pull because git is avoiding to overwrite my local changes. Creating a branch is the right way. This is a good read about: Merging vs. Rebasing. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events