cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Sourcetree
  • Questions
  • When I download the metadata from salesforce and copy over the local git repository, sourcetree show every files are different event the code are the same.

When I download the metadata from salesforce and copy over the local git repository, sourcetree show every files are different event the code are the same.

David Wong February 10, 2016

Every time I download the metadata from salesforce and try to merge it back into local Bitbucket branch, the sourcetree show all my files are different even there are no code changes in the comparison. How do I resolved this issue? This issue is in Windows version of sourcetree, but I do not have the same issue in Mac.

2 answers

1 vote
sreekumar_menon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

when you do diff ,what does it show ?

I would check if the new line character is causing the difference .

https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings/

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Yes, it's definitely a difference in white space, most likely the line endings (which are different on Windows computers than on unix-based computers such as Macs and, presumably, your server).

You can tell SourceTree to ignore changes in whitespace.  I think it will still list the files as changed but it at least won't show the lines as changed in the diff view.

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 9.53.12 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events