What is wrong with sourcetree?

GunnarBeushausen January 7, 2016

First SourceTree crashed after every startup, now aftre upgrading to the latest version it's slow as freaking hell and always complains that there is a git.lock file, wich after some more time wating disappears.

What is wrong with Atlassian? This used to be a good company, which we based all our critical development tools. And now we get buggy Software which slows down our development. Why the hell are they releasing software that's full of bugs and not ready for production use?

4 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Do you know that it is this version of Sourcetree?  Have you done any debugging?  Could it be the environment you're running it in?  (As I'm not seeing this issue, and I'm on the latest version, it's more likely to be environmental than the application)

Have you raised a support request with Atlassian as well?

I use the latest OSX Version. I don't think it's an environment issue since i've used that environment for years and everything started with the updated before they released two crash issue related updates.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Ah, I'm one behind. Problem is, most of my colleagues are not, and a lot of Atlassian developers are up to date as well. So I still don't think we can rule out the environment (although from the rest of the stuff you've said, my guess would now be "a bug that only appears in some environments"). Definitely needs pinging over to support at Atlassian as a bug, where-ever it is. I'd hit https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 with as much detail as you have and see what they say

0 votes
Papick G. Taboada January 11, 2016

Hi,

same here - osx 10.11(installed beta now to see if it helps) - but it keeps on crashing. 

0 votes

I don't htink so, as the release notes clearly state that the last two updates fix crash issues. I use OSX Version.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2016

I think your experience is rare. I've never had SourceTree crash, and the latest version performs just fine. You might also specify what OS you're using.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events