What is the recommended stable version of SourceTree for Windows?

Looking at this from a performance and usability viewpoint, not feature sets.  Is the 1.6 user interface going to move forward as 'the standard', and if so which of the 1.6 versions is most stable in an enterprise environment?  Maybe wait for 1.7?  As a new enterprise user who migrated from SVN, We are currently holding at 1.5.2.  In Sept, we didn't wish to tackle the new interface of 1.6 while we were still ironing out user training, testing, etc.  I see now that there have been 12 revisions over 90days.  Mathematically, if we picked a version today, a new update would be out in 2-3 weeks.  Not desirable.  Yes, we've installed the Git update from 12/2014 to fix the security vulnerability.  Thanks in advance for all your responses!

1 answer

1 accepted

You probably want to keep an eye on this bug before you consider updating beyond 1.5.2:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-2093

EDIT: This bug doesn't affect everyone, though it seems so from the bug report. I use the latest version of SourceTree on Windows, and I don't have any performance problems other than the occasional attempt to view a huge merge commit.

To add to this, we have been very actively working on the slowness issue users are experiencing. A small update will be distributed over the next couple of weeks which should improve the speed for users.

Does this performance update have a version # or link to the hotfix?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot