Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the recommended stable version of SourceTree for Windows?

R-K January 13, 2015

Looking at this from a performance and usability viewpoint, not feature sets.  Is the 1.6 user interface going to move forward as 'the standard', and if so which of the 1.6 versions is most stable in an enterprise environment?  Maybe wait for 1.7?  As a new enterprise user who migrated from SVN, We are currently holding at 1.5.2.  In Sept, we didn't wish to tackle the new interface of 1.6 while we were still ironing out user training, testing, etc.  I see now that there have been 12 revisions over 90days.  Mathematically, if we picked a version today, a new update would be out in 2-3 weeks.  Not desirable.  Yes, we've installed the Git update from 12/2014 to fix the security vulnerability.  Thanks in advance for all your responses!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

You probably want to keep an eye on this bug before you consider updating beyond 1.5.2:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-2093

EDIT: This bug doesn't affect everyone, though it seems so from the bug report. I use the latest version of SourceTree on Windows, and I don't have any performance problems other than the occasional attempt to view a huge merge commit.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2015

To add to this, we have been very actively working on the slowness issue users are experiencing. A small update will be distributed over the next couple of weeks which should improve the speed for users.

R-K February 5, 2015

Does this performance update have a version # or link to the hotfix?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events