Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the latest version of SourceTree for OS X?

Andrew Law May 23, 2017

One of my machines prompted me to update yesterday. It now claims to be running version 2.5.2.

My laptop is running version 2.5.1 which it claims is the latest version. The website seems to offer version 2.5.1a to download but the release notes refer to a 2.5.2 version so I guess it must be a genuine release. Did it get pulled for some reason?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2017

Hi Andy! SourceTree 2.5.1 is the official current 'latest' and that's the version you can download from the website. We're currently rolling out 2.5.2, but we're not doing it for all our users at the same time, that's why you have it in one of your machines but can not get it in the other. You'll get it eventually, don't worry :)

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Cheers,

Ana

Andrew Law May 23, 2017

So I'm testing a pre-release version for you? Did I tick a box by mistake? Or are you trying to minimise load on the delivery infrastructure?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2017

Hi Andy, you'll find the answer to your question in this blog post: Adding staged updates to SourceTree

If you'd like to change the group your machine belongs to, you can do that from your terminal 

defaults write com.TorusKnot.SourceTreeNotMAS "UpdateGroup" 1

and replacing the number 1 by the number of the group you'd like to belong to. Keep in mind that this will reset after a release.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events