What have I done wrong?

Grant Vergottini December 22, 2017

I've been using SourceTree for over a year with no major issues. Now I have a new laptop and I'm trying to setup the new version:

1) I setup a remote account on GitHub using basic authentication and my GitHub credentials. My GitHub repos all display.

2) When I select Clone on one of them it takes me to a Clone screen

- First off, it tells me that cloning is even easier if I would setup a remote account. ??? I have done that

- It shows an https://github.com/MyCompany/MyRepo.git path in the first box and says below it: Repository Type: ? This is not a valid source path /URL [Details] But, it put that path in that box. What is wrong with it?

- I click on [Details] and I get a dialog box with nothing in it other than a blue circle with an "i" in it and a cancel button.

- Next are two unlabeled entry boxes. I'm guessing that the first one is the path to the local repo and the second seems to be a repeat of the name of the folder. Why is there no label? No explanation. Nothing?

- Then there is a Local Folder: drop down that says [Root] and offers no explanation. 

- Next are advanced options and none are offered as the clone source has not been detected.

- Finally there is a disabled Clone button.

My question is: How can I go back to a working version of Sourcetree? This version is a mess.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2017

Hi 

Can you add a screenshot of the problems?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events