Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do all the icons mean?

Tim Huffam September 13, 2015

I'm trying to figure out the status of a branch of a project I haven't worked on for a while - being fairly new to Git and SourceTree - I have no idea if the branch has been merged back to master or not.

Other than the main toolbar buttons, which are self explanatory, the rest of the SourceTree UI is a mystery - not at all obvious to me.

It would be great if it had some docs - at least a simple single page detailing what the various UI components and icons do/mean.  

Thanks

Tim

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015
Tim Huffam September 15, 2015

Thanks Seth - but that answers only a small percentage of the UI. What do the branching icons mean? eg the icon immediately to the left of the word "release" in the image in the link you posted? Thanks Tim

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

The branch icon just means that the name next to it is a branch. If it has a check, that's the branch that is checked out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events