What are the system requirements for installing sourcetree on windows 7 machine [ CPU, RAM etcc. ]

Rahul Mohan May 7, 2014

What are the system requirements for installing sourcetree on windows 7 machine [ CPU, RAM etcc. ]

i do not find the data on any of the atlassian websites. please help me with a link where i can find this data..

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

You can try emailing atlassian support on the ideal requirements if you havent got an answer elsewhere.

One thing that just occured to me, is that you can create a VM and configure the amount of RAM /CPU cores etc for it till the program performs well enough.

That would give you a good idea of what the specs need to be for the program to run well on your VM.

Rahul Mohan May 13, 2014

Yes i think i should email the attlassian support to get to know the sys requirements.. very much appreciate your response..

Rahul Mohan May 13, 2014

accepted.. :)

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

@RahulYou can give it an upvote or mark it as accepted :D

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

awesome. Thanks:D

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2014

System requirements seem less necessary for a free, downloadable piece of software. Do you want to know if your system can handle it? Try it. If it has serious issues, uninstall it.

Rahul Mohan May 12, 2014

We are having 1000 licenses of STASH from attlassian and they recommended the tool sourcetree to be used . thats why we are using it..WE have been trying this out on our laptops and Virtual machines. Laptops work fine, but on VMS its very slow , close to unusable. So we are looking for the system requirements that Attlassian would suggest for this tool. Thanks for your advise. Any attlassian guys out here ??

0 votes
Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2014

Try downloading the program and going over the readme or the help section after installation.

Rahul Mohan May 12, 2014

NO , they do not have info on the system requirements for sourcetree on the tool's help page also. very strange..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events