Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the differences between Write and Admin when adding a user?

Steven Gordon August 5, 2015

In my opened repo, I selected Settings > Access Management > Users: Add. For the new user, the dialog box presented Read, Write, and Admin (privileges?). What does Admin add to Write? If you expect a user to help out with code occasionally, is Write more appropriate than Admin?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2015

A repo admin is able to set the rights for the repo as well - a write user can only work with the repo, but cannot modify the access rights for the repo

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2015

Cannot modify any of the settings, not only the access rights.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2015

Thanks for the correction, Balazs - replace "rights" with "settings" in my answer above (access rights are part of the repository settings ... ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events